What to expect
This is an overview of the program. For additional information, please email: email@example.com
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
- Registration should be done prior to the 34th week of pregnancy. Both parents must complete and submit the registration forms and a medical questionnaire. This will be reviewed by our medical team.
STEP 2: ACCEPTED PARENTS:
- Parents will be asked to confirm that their midwife/physician is willing to collect the cord blood free of charge.
- Our Educator will answer any questions about the program and the terms of the informed consent with the applicant(s). This can be done by phone or in person.
- Accepted applicants receive a free cord blood collection kit which we will ship it to them.
STEP 3: COLLECTION:
- Parents will take the collection kit to their baby’s birth and will remind the health care professionals that they are donating the baby’s cord blood to a public bank.
- After the cord blood is collected and packaged, our driver will pick it up from the mother’s hospital bedside.
STEP 4: LABORATORY:
- The cord blood is received and inspected at our laboratory. Selected samples will be processed, tissue typed, frozen and stored for medical use. Other samples will be dedicated to much-needed research.
- Our staff will contact the parents by email or phone several weeks later to gather information about the health of mother and child. No further contact is required after this time.