What to Expect
Our goal is to make the program easy for parents and their birthing professionals.
Here is an overview of the program.
More detail is available upon request: email@example.com
STEP 1: PRIOR TO THE 34th WEEK OF PREGNANCY
- Both parents must complete and submit the registration forms and a medical questionnaire. This will be reviewed by our medical team.
STEP 2: ACCEPTED PARENTS:
- You will be asked to confirm that your midwife/physician is willing to collect the cord blood free of charge (Most will do this).
- Our staff will answer any questions about the program and the terms of the informed consent agreement with you. This can be done by phone or in person.
- You will receive a free cord blood collection kit that we will ship to you.
STEP 3: COLLECTION:
- Take the collection kit to your baby’s birth and remind your health care professionals that you are donating the cord blood to a public bank.
- After the cord blood is collected and packaged, our driver will pick it up from your hospital bedside.
STEP 4: LABORATORY:
- The cord blood is received and inspected at our laboratory. Selected samples will be processed, tissue typed, frozen and stored for medical use. Other samples will be dedicated to much-needed research.
- Our staff will contact you by email or phone three months later to gather information about the health of mother and child. No further contact is required after this time.