Canada Public Bank Locations
Canada’s public banks
(Inspected and Registered with Health Canada)
|Victoria Angel Registry of Hope *We would like to serve all Canadians however shipping costs limit our service area. We have chosen to use our charitable funds to accept and store as many donated cord blood samples as possible rather than using funds to pay for courier costs.We are more than willing to service interested communities or hospitals that are able to raise the necessary funds to cover courier costs.||Parents deliver at 33 hospitals in Toronto and Surrounding cities.|
|Héma-Québec||This program is available to parents who give birth at selected hospitals in Montreal and Quebec City – Contact Héma-Québec website directly for more information|
CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES: OTTAWA
2011: The Canadian provincial and territorial governments (except Quebec) announced the following:
- The governments will provide a combined investment of $48 million over the next 8 years including $12.5 million of fundraising to create a national public cord blood bank that will provide Canada patients with greater access to cord blood units.
- The goal is to store 20,000 samples. This will take many years to accomplish.
- The plan is:
- Between 2011 – 2013, a cord blood laboratory will be built in Ottawa and CBS will establish procedures to achieve a national cord blood bank system. Cord blood collection will start in one Ottawa hospital in 2013.
- A second cord blood laboratory will be built in Edmonton in 2014.
- Operations will then expand to include one hospital in each of the following cities: Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto. A second hospital may be added in Toronto in the future.